Followers

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Molly-Rose



I made Molly Rose in November last year - I love Ellies! I’m usually a bit naff at choosing names, but I had been watching the BBC Remembrance Service on TV and there a lovely 95-year old lady who had flown aeroplanes during the Second World War – one of very few women who flew in the war. Well, her name was Molly Rose; and she was such a lovely lady, so deciding what to call my newest lovely ‘Ellie’ became easy, particularly seeing as her dress is partly made from a lovely rose colour raw silk. I don’t know how she would feel about me naming my ‘Ellie’ after her, but it is well meant!

So, to the detail! Molly Rose is 9 inches from top to toe (6½ inches sitting). She is 5-way cotter jointed, including a wobble joint for her head – I love these wobble joints since I recently started to use them! She is filled to the brim with the usual firm fibre filling and steel shot for a good bit of weight. She has black glass eyes and (very tricky to insert!!) lovely long eyelashes.




Molly Rose’s dress is made from a beautiful rose pink raw silk for the bodice and an ivory/beige colour lacey fabric for the skirt; and the dress is finished off with mother of pearly buttons. Around her head is a pretty pink ribbon.




She has the usual sewn in fabric ‘Bilberry Lane’ label and my new antique gold style BL unique pin.
Molly Rose can be adopted for £50, plus shipping and packing:

UK - £8 Special Delivery
Europe - £15, tracked and signed for
Worldwide - £20, tracked and signed

If you would like any further information, please email me at bilberrylane@hotmail.co.uk.


Thanks for looking

Julia
xxxx

1 comment:

Mrs A. said...

Maybe you should write and tell her. I'm sure she would be tickled pink as it were! hugs Mrs A.