Followers

Sunday 30 March 2014

Spring is in the air

I've been getting in the mood for Spring & Easter ....... No, no, I haven't been eating chocolate. Well apart from all the chocolate I ate over Christmas and through January and February, hence the extra pounds sitting on my posteria!! Instead, I've been inspired to make this little birdhouse display thingummy! I saw this one on the 'Calico Crafts' blog and was so struck with it, I just had to make one - mine's similar, but not an exact copy, I've added my own touches and am pretty pleased with the result
 

 
Do you like the little picket fence I added to mine with a tiny padlock charm hanging on it?
 

I added paper flowers, a small terracotta pot, a vintage style label and a clock charm - and just to finish off, I glued a bit of paper bunting on too

oh yes, and a rusty heart on the roof!


 
So, what do you think? Time to go and find the rest of my Spring/Easter bits & bobs I think!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh Julia,
I love your birdhouse thingummy! :)
Such a lot of beautiful details ...but you're very good at that so I shouldn't be surprised ..hahaha
Hoping it helps you feel Springy ...if not Cadbury's Crème eggs always do it for me ;)
Hugs Wendy x x

Simone said...

That is so pretty and I love the pickett fence! x