Followers

Thursday 26 May 2011

Look!

......... at this little lot!!

It was my birthday a few weeks ago (51 – not that I’m counting)!! And yesterday, I received some lovely, lovely pressies from my lovely, lovely friend, Deb, in New Zealand. Deb clearly understands me very well, because she sent me this fabulous ‘Tilda’ book - rag dolls, need I say more?


I have a couple of the ‘Tilda’ books, but not this one! And I’m really looking forward to making this lovely little angel – so, sweet!


I’ve only made a rabbit and a bear from the other books, so it’s gonna’ be fun making a doll. Deb also sent some lovely fabrics to help me along …… isn’t the cup cake case of fabric sweet?



and lastly, Deb also sent me this lovely Garden Sampler cross-stitch, which has a sweet little charm in it – this one will be added to the to-do list!!!!!


THANKS EVER SO Deb – I love them all!

7 comments:

belen said...

belated happy birthday , julia!!
the presents are so lovely!!
Enjoy them!!

Country Prims said...

O happy birthday!

What beautiful gifts you got there and soooo you! Very tasteful-love the fabric colours,

Enjoy,

shazy x

Simone said...

Belated Birthday wishes! Such a lovely friend to think of you on your Birthday and send you lots of lovely things. x

Deb said...

I absolutely adore that lovely doll Julia, she is so sweet. I call her the Jane Austin doll. One would always look beautiful living in my house should you decide that she would like to live overseas-lol
I loved the wee cupcake idea, I got it from Fee of designs by Fee who used to be Mothers Cupboard.
pleased you liked them hun.

Janovi said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Have a great time making tildas!!! Still loving ur work!!!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Hi,
I'm your newest follower. I love the Tilda books, and I have not seen this one. I am going to look for it online. is it new? Well, I'll figure it out. I also make dolls, and use the same color palette as she does. Please come visit me at my new blog, Ric Rac and Polka Dots. I am brand new, but this blog will be about sewing, quilting, gardening, baking, embroidery, painting, jam making, crochet, and knitting, among other things. So please come visit, and bring your friends. I hope to see you there!
Julie

Hailey said...

Julia,
I can't believe you have the same little pink bathtub!! I find that both amazing and wonderful. Judging from the comments, others would buy it if they saw it at the store too, so we are not alone! You go right ahead and fill it with bubbles, I'd love to see a picture. Find something cute to put in it. Are you going to join us in making washcloths? I'll be putting that post together soon, probably later this week when it is supposed to be over 90 degrees and humid. I'm just trying to get the yard work done before then! Oh, by the way, I found that Tilda Summer book on Amazon and it is on the way. Thanks for posting about it. I have several, I'd love to see some pics from others. Which are your favorites, or should I ask which are the best? I didn't even know how many books she had out until I googled her site. Wow, even Christmas books. I make dolls, and mine are very similar to hers, so that must be why I love her books. Have a great day!
Julie