Followers

Monday 20 July 2009

Heart and Home Quilt

Well, I've finally managed to make a start on my third quilt - I've been raring to get going on it for weeks now! The pattern (below) is called 'Heart & Home' – fell in love with it as soon as I saw it last year!!


............ it will test not only my patchwork and quilting skills, but also my ability to do appliqué! I've done the iron-on type before, but with this, I want to do the proper needle-turn appliqué ....... iron-on is fine for a wall-hanging, but as this is a quilt and will be washed (occasionally!), I think it needs to be sewn on. The pattern version has been made with a range of fabric called 'Madeira', but the shop had sold out of that when I bought the pattern, so I bought 'Wildflower Serenade' instead, which is fairly close to the Madeira range in its colours.
........... and here are the first three blocks completed




....... looking good so far!

6 comments:

Deb said...

Nice pattern Julia, can't wait to see your progress on it. I am sure you will have no problem with the needleturn as you are so good at stitching.

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Julie, you are going a great job.. it looks like exactly the same as it is on the book... it will be gorgeous when you put all the 3 parts together!
Hugs
Vivi

Carrie P. said...

I like this quilt a lot and you did a great job on your applique.

Wendy said...

I have that same pattern! Except mine is still hidden away in my stash somewhere. Love your first 3 blocks, the colours are yummy!

DAWNIE said...

Just love the country fabric you have picked - great pattern - cant wait to see the finished product in months to come.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi there...this is absolutely beatuiful...love those warm colours♥x