Followers

Monday 25 August 2008

Bag finished!!!















................ and here it is - I'm quite pleased with it - I just hope the recipient will be too, but I shall have to wait until her birthday in October to find out. I've worked on it most of the day and it's taken me longer than I thought it would, but then things always do seem to don't they? I was taking extra care I suppose to neaten all edges etc. as it's to be a gift, whereas if it was for myself, no doubt I wouldn't have been quite as fussy! Even the inside looks good as you can see. I've had this fabric for ages and had been wondering where I could use it and I think this is just right! ...... and still more ..... I've also added a couple of pockets on the inside. You may not be able to tell very well from these pictures, but there are pockets on the outside - at the sides, which look great, but it's always useful to have pockets inside a bag. I think I may add a 'handmade' label at the inside top to cover where I've attached the back of the flap - that's the only bit that looks a bit rough. Anyway, I believe I have made very good use of my Bank Holiday - more of them please I say - like one a month perhaps??!!!!! :0)

3 comments:

Simone said...

Well done! You are a very talented bag maker! I can't wait to see what other creations you make. I really must learn to use my sewing machine!

May Britt said...

Welcome to blogland. Your bag is beautiful. Look forward to see more of your projects :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Julia I just love your bag and thanks so much for dropping by my blog and a great big welcome to blogland.....